My Tutor and Teaching Centre opened its first centre in Greenside, Johannesburg, in 2008, under the principalship of Careen du Plessis.
On reaching capacity, a second Centre was opened later that year. The two Centres were later combined into the current campus in Linden.
Our growth attests to the success of our campus and staff in meeting the needs of our learners.
We started out as a home-school centre, and now are registered as an independent private school at the Gauteng Department of Edication.
MTTC strives to enlighten, broaden and nourish both the hearts and minds of learners.
In keeping with our commitment to holistic learner development, we encourage our learners to:
- Develop questioning minds, focusing on inventiveness, creativity and initiative.
- See their educators as teachers, sound boards and role models.
- Grow in spiritual awareness and adopt sound moral values.
- Be confident, caring and tolerant in relationships.
- Acknowledge self-discipline and personal responsibility as the foundation of good conduct.
- Strive to be their best.
From a teaching perspective, our educators seek to:
- Develop and nurture competent, independent learners with a high sense of self-worth.
- Promote confidence to take appropriate risks.
- Encourage learners to take responsibility for their decisions and actions.
- Use a variety of teaching strategies to suit our learners’ different learning styles.
- Create an environment where learners can accept that making mistakes is a natural part of the learning process.
Enable our learners to respond positively and enthusiastically to the many challenges and opportunities of growing up in the dynamic country in which we live.
WHY CHOOSE US?
- Small classes allow for individual attention.
- We offer a wide range of subjects including art, drama and hospitality.
- We impart exam techniques and study methods.
- Homework classes are supervised.
- You receive regular detailed reports with constructive feedback.
- Our handpicked educators are qualified and motivated.
One of our founding members, Prof Zak Nel, can assist learners to make subject choices and offers career counselling. Click to find out more about these services.
Careen du Plessis